Friday, September 30, 2011

New Addition

First of all, having leftover Macy's gift cards STILL since the wedding is amazing. All of those things you didnt register for or just now realized you probably really need, can still be purchased! It's just lovely. Such a lifesaver. When I buy my last household item with the last dollar on that gift card, it will be a sad day.

Secondly, let me introduce you...

This is Bella my brand spankin' new slow cooker! She will be keeping our bellies full and warm this fall and winter. In fact, she's already started!

To break her in we had homemade chili. Just browned the beef, sauteed some onions, green pepper, and jalapenos, threw them in with some cans of beans, tomatoes, and corn(no, corn is not a normal chili ingredient- but I know my target market and he loves anything with corn).

I also made some of the quickest and easiest biscuits to go with it. They're called Cream Biscuits and it was SO simple! Just flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, add the cream, voila! And they only bake for 12 minutes so they're done in a jiffy. Add butter or lemon curd to those warm guys and you've got yourself a winner.

See now I didn't even clean the edge of the bowl for the picture, I was too hungry and I had to get to the biscuits before they got cold... you understand, right?

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna tell Woody you made his sat. sands into wraps!

    ReplyDelete