Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thee First Post

Let me just start off by saying, the Kilbanes are picky banana eaters. I understand that there are multiple stages to a banana's life... starts off really green, heads to semi green, gets into the I'm mostly yellow with a tinge of green, then the most wonderful stage- perfectly mellow yellow with not a hint of brown in sight. After this stage comes the dreaded spots... we will no longer eat said banana once it aquires "the spot". Into the freezer it goes and once 3 have accumulated... you know what that means!

BANANA BREAD TIME!

Here is the perky little loaf that those dear brown bananas turned into... and mini chocolate chips thrown in never hurt anybody.

I do realize that my first post on Butter and Scones is not of scones... but the bananas were getting impatient in the freezer and the husband and I really cant eat a loaf of banana bread AND a slew of scones in one week. (Well we definitely could, but we also are attempting not to be 400 pounds by our 1 year anniversary)

I will tell you this... the banana bread took 45 minutes to bake and I get impatient, so I did whip up some fresh Lemon Curd that will be smothered on those delicious scones very very soon. Mmmm... I can hardly wait.


3 comments:

  1. Your banana bread looks amazing! And I like your coffee cup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica! And I know right?? Cutest coffee cups ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found some good coffee off the beaten down pathway to SB or P.
    Try some IKEA Coffee with those killer scones.
    Bold, fresh and a sinister smooth, non acidy pallet.
    Just right for that kind lemon tart too!

    ReplyDelete